Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas Card-2005

After much procrastination and one week before Christamas day it's finally done, my first watercolor! After seeing all these talented blog freeks using watercolor, it motivated me to pick up a brush and give it a swirl. Not what I had invisioned and not as easy as I thought it would be, but it sure was a lotta fun! Hope to do some more in the near future. If anyone knows of a class that teaches the secrets of watercolor in the LA area and doesn't charge Gnomon rates, please let me know!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! Mind if I add you to my links?

Leo said...

That turned out great, Rob, I love the "splatter-y" style you used. Very cool!

Jay D Smith said...

wow, cool blog you have here!

Tim Szabo said...

Hey, thats fun.. Lilly's kickin' it Ralph Steadman style. I like the experimentation.

Ridd Sorensen said...

aw yeah nice job rob. BOOTAY!

Steve said...

Wonderful first attemp, can't wait to see more...

Rob Lilly said...

Thanx for the postitive feedback guys! Hoepfully soon I'll more to show ya now that I have my brush wet sort of speak...haha!

...and Serapio anytime brother-man that would be awesome, thanx!

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

EXCELLENT JOB

the doodlers said...

Looks like lots of happy accidents happened! Nice painting. Also love your teenage Sasquatch.

Rob Lilly said...

Thank you- Thank you- Thank you!

Happy accidents for everybody!