Saturday, November 19, 2005

Rednecks in Space BG's

This is something that's been in development for about 6 years now. It's "Dukes of Hazard" meets "X-Files" with a twist of "Gilligan's Island". I don't know what my fascination is about trailers and the people that live in these metallic boxes. All I know is that it would make a great animated series! Who would'nt want to see aliens and rednecks (not hillbillies-big difference) throwing down on a replica planet earth. I've been sitting on it for far too long and by posting it I hope it'll be the kick in the ass I need to get it going again. I'd love to talk about the story but time is a huge factor, nor do I want to bore you guys. So here it is.... Rednecks in Space, on public display for your review and critique. I hope you like and one day when I get the courage I'll post the characters.
Here's where all the trailer trash goes once the gangster aliens abduct them
Gangster aliens baydock
Gangster aliens transport tunnel
This is the evil gangster alien Zaan's lair- A large place for a small dude who has a huge attitude!

13 comments:

jeaux janovsky said...

hey rob!
i've actually have been waiting on this thing to come out too, ever since i heard about it a while ago! is this the same project frank forte was involved with?
anyhow, love yr work! keep it up!
is it cool if i link you to my blog, All My Heroes? ;)
All the Best,
Jeaux Janovsky

Rob Lilly said...

Nope not the same one as Franks. His show is titled "The Cletus and Floyd Show" I'll add a link to his site so you can check his funny stuff out! Jeaux thanks for encouragment man! Hope to get some more stuff posted soon. I'll add ya to my blog list if you don't mind.

Phil said...

Me like!
YOu make me want to bang my head on the wall. I love these BGs

Steve said...

cool concepts, pleases post the characters, The gorilla below is TOO cool =]

Rob Lilly said...

Thanx Steve! I'll try and work on 'em over the holiday (so much too do, so little time). Keep checkin' back for any updates. Thanx again!!!

Matt J said...

Man, cool backgrounds - if the characters are as sweet as the backgrounds this show should look terrific. Impressive blog.

Alina Chau said...

Lovely drawings!

Rob Lilly said...

Thanx Matt and Alina! The two main chars. have been designed re-designed over and over...never been quite satisfied with the look. I'll have to post the evolution of these dudes so I can get some feedback 'em. (let you guys be the judge)

Justin K. Thompson said...

wow. you should be a background designer.

Rob Lilly said...

Ha! Justin you don't have to come on that strong (let me pull out the hair dryer-wink-wink!)
Butt thank u sir, u rock!

Dan Read said...

I think this shows what a twisted mind you have. And I don't even know you!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»